We endeavour to deliver within the stated dispatch period given on your order confirmation, which should be with you within 5 days of order placement. We will
have checked delivery times with our supplier to confirm.
Please note that if you are ordering made-to-order kilts or other tailored garments together with products available in our stock, all goods are dispatched together; so if there is a delay in any of the made-to-order items, the whole order will be delayed. You may prefer to split your order, so in-stock products are dispatched straight away, while you wait for your made-to-measure items to arrive. However, splitting an order may require an additional freight cost to you.
If you need your order by a certain date or for a special event (like a wedding), please firstly order early, and also note the delivery details on your order; or contact us for further information.
The dispatch process is composed of three stages:
- Collecting goods and dispatch
Problems with your credit card may cause delays in delivery.
If you want to change your order at a later date, this can affect the dispatch date.
Delivery time depends on the shipping method. We use NZ Post or couriers for deliveries in NZ and Australia. For other destinations, as circumstances and needs require. Scots in Spirit reserves the right to determine the delivery provider.
The cost of delivery is charged at real cost wherever possible and we do not marginalize freight costs to our customers.
Despite our best efforts, unforeseeable circumstances not under our control may delay goods, but we will always do our best to help resolve any problems.
You will receive an e-mail notification when your order is shipped, including the name of the shipping company and tracking number of your parcel. You are responsible for package collection.
If the goods are returned, and you request us to resend them, there will be a charge made to your credit card. A shipping charge is also deducted from any refunds and unclaimed shipments.
Please note that made to measure or bespoke items are non-refundable.
Customs related issues
Duty & taxes for goods to NZ customers are prepaid at import and are included in the purchase price. Overseas customers usually are not obliged to pay any duties or taxes but your local customs authorities may apply import duties in individual cases. We can take no responsibility for such taxes, or for any goods seized by import authorities due to local regulations, such as organic matter or weaponry. If you have any doubts, please check with your local customs authorities before placing any order.
General dispatch notes
- FREE SHIPPING. Any free shipping method offered is not trackable and any loss or damages are not entitled to a refund or any compensation. Import duties may apply upon arrival of the parcel even if the shipping is free. These costs are your care.
- If a customer refuses to pay the import duties at destination or to collect the parcel, the parcel is sent back to us and our company has to cover the import duties along with shipping and other costs involved. If a customer cancels the order, we may refund it only partially, due to the extra expenses Scots in Spirit have to cover.
- We do not ship parcels to PO (BFPO) boxes. Please make sure you can supply an address where the parcel can be signed for during the day.
- CUSTOM CHARGES. In our experience most parcels are collected without any extra charges. However, the law changes and may vary in different countries. More information is available on your country government's websites. The method of delivery (airfreight, express courier, sea cargo, post services) will determine the Customs clearance formalities and charges.
- Please be aware that everything in our online shop is sold as for private use therefore our Courier’s Commercial Invoices state: ‘Personal Use’, product, ‘not suitable for resale.’
- Note: When there are multiple packages to the same addressee from a single consignor overseas that arrive at about the same time, the value of all packages will be combined for duty and tax assessment purposes.